Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday

When I went to bed last night after taking care of Jackson all evening, my one consolation was that Russ would be home in the morning to help out with Jackson. Unfortunately he woke up with a tummy bug so he wasn't much help. I had a hard time not being frustrated by the fact that I wasn't going to get some much needed down-time. So tonight's list isn't flowing as easily as it did earlier this week. But the fact that I've committed to list my blessings is making me realize that today wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

1. Tonight we had french toast waffles for dinner, which always makes me smile. The recipe is easy--soak your bread like you would for french toast but then throw it in the waffle iron. The results are amazing!

2. The dermatologist had samples of one of the medicines she wanted me to use. Our insurance is great but it doesn't cover drugs so they were much appreciated! She was very nice and dug around to find the samples for me. (If you're curious, it seems to be some kind of allergic reaction but I have no clue as to what is triggering it. I have a feeling there are are many more appointments at the dermatologist/allergist.)

3. Today Jackson got to Skype with his uncle Matt and his Grandma Q. I love the fact that our families' faces will be familiar to Jackson when he gets to see them in person.

4. Tonight as I listen to the rain and feel the "cold" wind, I can't help but be grateful for the roof over our heads. We see homeless people on a daily basis but it's still easy to take for granted just how blessed we are.

5. I'm thankful for the wonderful blessing of being from musical families and having a large repertoire of songs to sing to our little one. As I type this, we are singing JT to sleep as we do most nights. I pray that we can pass on to him our love of music, not to mention our love of God through the songs that we sing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Future missionary here.

I greatly admire your decision to remain grateful. It must be difficult to make the transition from the daily adventure to the more mundane.

I know that in time you will experience the reward of your hardwork and discipline. Hang in there!

-Wes

Anonymous said...

I am now going to have to try french toast waffles!!!! :)
Karisa