Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Milestone

  For those of you keeping track, which I know none of you are, today marks the nine year anniversary of when Russ and I started dating. I know many of you who read this are older than me, so I won't talk about how old that makes me feel. Instead I will just say what a blessing it is to have spent almost a decade with Russ. As you can tell by the picture (which was taken that first semester) we were pretty young when we started dating so we've both done a lot of growing up since then. In those nine years, we've been around the world and had many ups and downs but every path has helped us grow personally, in our relationships with each other and closer to God. I'm so thankful that God brought Russ into my life and helped us to see beyond the people we were at the time to the people we would become.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

did i take that picture? it looks so familiar. there's one of me just like it. at an alpha bbq?

congrats, you guys!

Valerie said...

It was at the spring '98 Alpha banquet. I can't remember but I think Dave took it.

Anonymous said...

You two were so cute . . . and still are! Congratulations! We knew you belonged together as soon as we met Russ.

Feb. 14 was your dad and my 38th dating anniversary. How time flies when you're with your sweetie!

Patricia said...

Awww! I'm proud to say I knew you when!

Matthew said...

Aren't you guys just the cutest wittle couple?

Russell said...

man! who is that gatinha? nice.

thegermanygirl said...

Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but....Belated Congratulations! Though I don't think I've ever met Russ personally, I'm happy for you both that God brought you to each other. :o)