Friday, June 10, 2005

Yay!

Jennifer Porter is one of my favorite people right now. Russ came home from Portuguese class with a can of Campbells Chicken Noodle soup, my ultimate comfort food. Jenn, thanks for making the sacrifice for me!

Yup, still sick. I think I'm on the upswing, the fever's gone. My stomach is so medicated it doesn't dare act up (but when the medicine wears off things can get dicey). I just don't have any energy. Blech.

I was supposed to help babysit the Parker kids tonight. Tomorrow night is the Valentine's Dinner at Bonoco- hopefully I'll be up to going to that.

We received some good news today, though! (Russ was indeed on phone patrol, as I promised earlier.)

1. The parts for our stove have arrived. Someone from the gas company is coming at 1:00 tomorrow. It may or may not be working after that visit, but it's still progress!

2. The phone company is sending a DSL guy out on Monday! That will be most awesome and useful.

So I'll praise God for our progress, my continued recovery and little things like cans of soup that cheer us up!

No comments: