Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Showdown

Our team has decided to have a showdown of sorts. We're all needing to shed some pounds so we've having a biggest loser-style competition. Everyone is getting into the competitive spirit. We started on Sunday and will go until American Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to cook good food for our family and I have a bit of an addiction to food blogs. Throughout the next couple of months, I'm probably going to be posting links to many of the recipes we try, not so that this blog becomes a food blog, but to share the yummy stuff we eat and also so I can keep track of all the stuff I've made.

Like for breakfast this morning, we ate baked oatmeal. It was crazy delish. Jackson is absolutely nuts for anything with dried fruit in it.

Tonight we're having crockpot chicken fajitas with a spicy cilantro-lime coleslaw (I've already had a few bites of the latter and it's AMAZING!)

Anyway, I'm sharing our challenge with you all so you're not all of a sudden confused by all the recipes I'm posting and, more importantly, to add even more accountability. It's one thing to try to lose weight; it's another to do it and actually TELL people about it. It drives me to succeed even more!

p.s. We're not just eating better, we're working out, too, which is why my abs are killing me and I have HUGE blisters on my heels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AmSOgrateful2attendANOTHERlocalEVNT
BOBsquires;localFARMER;dairyman;coachFRIENDintended2stopBYtuesday;ButT
tHATwasHISday2pass;MrQuirey&BOBcoul
talkfootball&fishinrightALONGw/PTdetail,afterKneeReplacementsurgery-
SUCHAfriend!funeralthismorn

Anonymous said...

GLAD2SEEtheRecipes&ACTIVITIES!alongw/ourlocalSCHOOLACTIVITIESBEGINNING