Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Morning

I like Mondays to be quiet days. For people in full-time ministry, Sunday hardly feels like a day of rest. And when you have a little one, Sunday is especially hard as naps and mealtimes get thrown off. So in many ways, Monday is more of a Sabbath for me than Sunday (or Saturday) is.

At least that's the plan.

This morning, however, JT and I woke up at about 6:45. We played for a bit and then Russ got up. I suggested we head out to our neighborhood delicatessen where they have a great little breakfast spread. Russ needed to take the dog out first, so he ran downstairs and told me to just meet him at the front gate. We got to the gate at the same time and discovered a friend of ours waiting for us. He was in the neighborhood, wanted to say hi and our doorman had told him that Russ usually takes the dog out around then so he had decided to just wait for Russ. He walked with us to the deli and then went on his way. We enjoyed a nice breakfast, picked up some fresh bread and headed home.

When we walked into the apartment, I notice the clock on the microwave said 8:20. "Wow!" I commented. "I feel like we've already done so much today!"

Turns out, it was just the beginning. Soon Antonia came for the day. And the exterminator showed up. And a teammate needing a favor. And the water delivery. And someone called needing Russ to go unlock the church building. And another teammate called with some news. And and and.

By 10:30, my apartment was feeling like Grand Central Station!

So now it's 11 a.m. and I'm desperately hoping that this is not my day of rest. If this is my Sabbath, what will the rest of the week look like?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv2seeTHEplan&WATCHwhatHAPPENSeach
DAY!NOgamesBcamDOUBLEheader@Kildare
4thisEveninGRATEFUL4Mike&DON&allTHE
blessingOFtime@NursingHome&NewSONGS@fternoonCofCw/BARRy-thenTOSTADAs- Mike&DebWEREthere-AnotherBlessdDay!GoodSingingPrais&prayerTimeW/MarionCarl,Cowboy(hisdog)EnjoydFELLOWship
CHERRYpieDISHES/reviewdCARL'SfarmngGODisGOOD.MondayICEschoolsCLOS@2KILDAREgamesCANCELDveryCOLD!

Amanda said...

I hope the rest of the week went well for you and that you got some rest. I know how important it is.