Sunday, November 23, 2008

Furlough 2008: Kansas City

When we said we were going to Kansas City, we were frequently asked, "Who do you know in Kansas City?" and "Oh, do you have a (supporting) church there?". The answer was a resounding NO. We had no family, friends or supporters there and that's exactly the way we wanted it. While we love spending time with all the people who love us, it was important for us to spend some family time together just relaxing. (We did discover a college buddy of ours lives in KC so we made an exception for him which paid off big time when he helped us find great BBQ!)

It's hard to say what I enjoyed most that week. I had a phenomenal pumpkin pie concrete. But as a family, we probably most enjoyed the College Basketball Experience and the zoo, even though Jackson slept through a good part of it! So here are a few of the highlights (minus the pumpkin pie concrete--I didn't take a picture of it!):

The College Basketball Experience


The Kansas City Zoo


(Can you tell I'm in love with my new collage tool?)

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I will mos def return the blog stalking. I think an excellent post for you would be a video of Jackson doing that billy goat laugh. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Farewell2"SirMarlynGrove" GPaMike'snext-doorNEIGHBOR/
BillyGoatMan..HiswifePat&familywillCERTAINLYmissHIM.HOPEfullyALLpreparationswereMADE&hecanbeUPabove;visitingw/myDAD! THINK I'LLPULLSOME WEED-treats4those'LIL"pygmies"Adieu4th moment!SMB