Friday, May 19, 2006

Thanks for the replies

Charile Brown once said, "I had seven pen pals, but i did all the writing." Today is a reversal of that feeling for me! I had four people write back in one day. It seems like such a small thing, but in a place where phone calls are inconvenient and expensive, email is a real lifeline to maintaining relationships with people. Most of the friends I consider close exchange two or three emails per year with me. Per year. Even more than calls or letters, email takes so little time that it seems to carry less feeling. For me, nothing could be further from the truth. Even getting a small reply saying, "I will write more when I have time" is a huge boost to my day. So stop sending silly forewards; send a simple message and see who responds. I promise that I will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I hate silly forwards too. Consider this a "thinking of you and wishing you well message." I do enjoy your blog.

Heather A said...

It hit me this morning in church that in exactly four weeks, I will be worshipping with you guys at ICOS!!! I can't wait to see you all! Send my love!

Anonymous said...

I concur! Being thousands of miles away from home means even the smallest note is appreciated. It took awhile for our friends and family to understand that. They thought they should only write if they had time to write a full letter.

Anyway, I am praying for you guys!